Back to College in 1979
- the official opening of Commons Block by Gerald Hosking
- Karl Stielau became Dux; it is also worth noting that he was the first student to receive 8 As and came 1st in Natal (as it was known then).
- the library report claim that it was the “year of the big loss”, with over 260 books being removed without record and amounting to a loss of over R1000
- the dedication of the new Memorial Chapel
- the 1st XV lost their first match of the season to Glenwood but went on to win the rest of their games that year.
- basketball was introduced
- the band was invited to participate in the celebrations commemorating the centenary of the Zulu was at Insandhlawana and Rorke’s Drift